For being strings of dead keratin cells; hair is too special for humans. Yes to be scientifically speaking hair is made up of a protein called keratin produced in the hair follicles present in the outer layer of skin. As follicles produce new hair cells the old cells get pushed out through the surface at a rate of approximately 6 inches a year. Hence the hair that you and I see and feel is actually a string of dead keratin cells.
According to researches and calculations, a normal adult has about 100,000 to 150,000 hair and is estimated to lose up to 100 of them in a day. So finding a few hair strands on your hairbrush isn’t as alarming as one thinks it is.
Each follicle is known to have its own life cycle which is influenced by a couple of factors including age, diseases, etc. The life cycle of each follicle is known to be divided into three phases:
- Anagen: effectively active growth of hair known to last between two to eight years in general.
- Catagen: intermediate hair growth period lasting about two to three week.
- Telogen: relaxed phase extending from two to three months.
At the end of each relaxed resting phase the hair is shed and a new hair replaces it and so the growth cycle starts again. With age the rate of hair growth slows down. However shedding hair that seems more than usual continuously waves red flags of alopecia.
Laser Inn explains alopecia as a fairly common appearance. While it may be more prevalent in adults it could also be observed amongst younger people. Alopecia has many types from which Laser Inn discusses a few bellow:
- Androgenic alopecia: a very common genetic condition amongst men and women both. For men it is known as male-pattern baldness and for women it is female-pattern baldness. Gradual disappearance of hair from the crown and front scalp, a receding hairline and noticeable hair thinning. While men start experiencing the symptoms from their 2os, women usually don’t experience noticeable changes until their 4os. The experienced and qualified team at Laser Inn knows how to tackle this little problem with skillful Hair Loss treatments though.
- Alopecia areata: this usually starts out of a blue and causes patchy hair loss amongst children or young adults. In about 90% people with this condition, the hair return within few years however sometimes the condition may swiftly result in complete baldness (Alopecia Totalis). For this condition, Laser Inn suggests their Hair Loss treatment – the FUE hair transplant keeping in minds the age and extent of hair loss in the patient.
- Telogen effluvium: a condition with temporary hair thinning on the scalp due to changes in the growth cycle for hair. This is usually because of intense stress on the body’s physical or hormonal systems or as a reaction to medication. Even though the condition begins suddenly, it gets better on its own within six months. At Laser Inn, for Telogen effluvium they resort to Hair Loss treatment method of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy.
- Anagen effluvium: alike Telogen effluvium this condition also initially causes patchy hair loss which then advances to total hair loss. Here what happens is rather than just shutting down hair follicle, a chemical entirely kills the hair follicle and anagen hair. You could take effects of drugs to treat cancer as an example in this case. The hair growth is expected to start within six months after the end of chemotherapy. Laser Inn, for this condition, uses either FUE Hair Transplant or PRP as hair loss treatment depending on the hair loss extent.
Laser Inn is an expert in understanding hair loss problems and solving them through expert Hair Loss treatment. The professional team at Laser Inn is the best in giving Hair Loss treatment in Karachi and hence puts equal and consistent efforts to treat each case with utter care and detail.
Head to https://www.liasc.com/problem-causes/ to learn about the hair loss problems and Hair Loss treatment a bit more in detail. Be at ease because giving superior Hair Loss treatment in Karachi is a promise at Laser Inn as soon as you’d walk the door.